Saturday, June 29, 2024

Ordinations

Mahane Yehuda market
Right now 2 of our deacons are being ordained priests. It's the solemnity of Ss Peter and Paul and it's the traditional day when priests and deacons are ordained. In fact a week before, a dozen or so have been ordained already in their various congregations around the Holy Land. There's no shortage of vocations ... it just depends on where you look. I remember a few years back we had 28 deacons in the Custody, not counting others from the diocese and congregations.

Mahane Yehuda market
The weekend is upon us, another week begins. I'm hoping to finish all my work as scheduled. I'm already quite behind time, but at my age I feel my limits. The body and brain can't go on even when I want to.  I was just talking to Sr. Anna an African sister who said once we hit 50 we just feel it ... tired and incapable of going on. It's moments when you just have to let go and stop, take a break, we'll come back to it after a rest.

Anyway I've completed the series of 5 vaccinations against rabies. Technically I'm safe now. The last jab was last week and after that I walked through Mahane Yehuda market. It bustles with life and noise and smells. But things are awfully expensive nowadays.