Friday, June 21, 2024

Freedom

Caught the alpha
My babysitting the bulbul juveniles are over. I managed to catch the alpha ... or rather he wanted to be caught - he was terribly lonely yesterday - and released him in the park. It was bright and cool and the sprinklers were working. It's important that the birds see the sprinklers because they will know where to look for water in this heat. It's 33 degrees today but tomorrow it'll be a degree cooler.

So the 3 juveniles are finally free, enjoying the limitless space. There'll be scraps of food and lots of water there so it's a good spot for their release. But because they're too friendly and there're lots of people in the park, they might just jump on the shoulder of someone, begging for food ... and they'll be caught. It's a risk to take.

Alpha flew directly to the
sprinklers
Yesterday I had a very tiring day ... besides the release of the 2 bulbuls, I also walked 2km up north to the District Health clinic for my final vaccination. However the nurse said my appointment is for tomorrow. The vaccination must be taken exactly on the day and not any time earlier. So I walked back to my office utterly exhausted from the long walk under the very hot sun. This morning again I had to make the journey. But this time the nurse gave me the last injection. I'm finally free ... like the bulbuls.