Saturday, April 22, 2023

Video

Ramadan ended unexpectedly a night ahead. The cannon fired 5 times but rather erratically so I couldn't recognize it as signaling the end of Ramadan. But when I saw the crowds in the streets below our house packed with people, I knew Ramadan ended. Here's a video of the cannon firing a missile to announce the end of the fast ... it's very very loud. 


My fever has stopped but I still have no voice. My eyes didn't get totally red so the doc said we can consider it as not XBB. Not 100% sure but that's ok with me. My longstanding problem is swollen hands and feet. It's difficult to wear shoes. And though I need to walk (I'm taking double dosage of diuretics), my feet hurt after a distance.

There's been sporadic violence in and around the City but all in all it was relatively calm this Ramadan. Well let's hope the rest of summer will be just as (relatively) calm.