Friday, April 28, 2023

Summer

There was a massive demonstration last night in Jerusalem of rightwing supporters for the govt overhaul of the judiciary ... 200,000 the newspapers say. Tensions remain high as right and left challenge each other, though they have not clashed. Israeli soldiers continue to raid the northern refugee camps in Jenin, Nablus to capture terrorists but faced with local resistance.

Umbrellas at Capitol plaza
I hope summer won't be ruined by all these upheavals. It's been 2 years since the lockdowns and this summer will be the first to be rather normal. Last year many people and places were recovering from the effects of the lockdown and were not fully functioning. Any violence would set us back. It's already a promising summer, with temp going up to 28 degrees. 

My left hand and feet are still swollen. The diuretics are not working. Walking to and from work is an ordeal. Yesterday while I stopped and rested at Palm Plaza, a passing nun asked if I needed help or call an ambulance. I told her I was alright. Just needed to stop every 100 meters to rest ... though yesterday I was very faint as well. Another nursing nun came to visit and told me it'll take many more months for my body to get used to the post-op situation. The heart is worned out and no longer functions like it used to, so my whole body is affected. I mustn't push myself as the heart cannot take it ... an angina or heart attack is just round the corner.