 |
| Stabbing today |
It was a violent morning at our main monastery today. Our doorman was attacked by 2 muslims with a knife. All 3 were injured in the struggle. What I learned was the muslims insisted to parking their car in our monastery parking lot which is limited only to our workers. I was on my way back form the bank when I saw police cordoning off New Gate. There was blood all over the floor in front of our security post. The superior and others were out there talking to the police. It was all too shocking that such attacks have reached our very doorsteps. I believe there're police stationed at our security post now because later today at 5pm, a mob of muslims returned to cause trouble but were repelled by the police.
My workers have decided not to work tomorrow for fear of being attacked. I myself will not go because I'm an easy target ... being here and known for so long, and I'm unable to run away. I'll have to stay home for the next few days and work from home. There's a general perception among christians in the Old City that we're being targeted by the muslims. Some of my muslim neighbours have expressed that they remain friends and disagree with this violence. Others have said that we're pro-Israel. It's a tense and difficult situation right for us.