Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Full moon

Full moon
 With all the violence in and around the City, I decided to stay home yesterday. And it was too hot anyway. There was another attempted stabbing by an arab. And ultra-orthodox jews were rioting because an autotopsy was ordered for the murdered jewish toddler strangled by his uncle. It's forbidden in judaism and burials must be done within 24 hours of death. So overall, there was unrest in the country. My bedroom is the safest place to be .... so far. The ceiling above my bed is cracking and a huge piece of cement might fall and crack my head one night while I sleep. 

There was a beautiful and enormous full moon shining over the past nights. It's a pity such natural beauty in the sky is unnoticed by all the chaos and violence on earth. It's very cool and breezy in the nights which compensate for the intense heat during the day.

Last Sunday I was asked to lead a workshop for leaders of the filipino community here in Jerusalem. It was a nice group of participants - eager and receptive. But 9 hours of talks and activities with only a 40 minute lunch break was simply very exhausting. My voice was hoarse and my feet swelled due to the standing. I need a long rest from that.