 |
| Merchant of Venice |
I've spent the day at home ... mostly ... due to the tensions caused by yesterday's attack. I had however gone back to my office because I left some important documents which I needed today. I entered the complex though the back door though. Going home, I decided to go through the front gate were the bloody attack took place. A group of christians were standing and chatting there, a sort of security team to make sure no further violence takes place.
 |
| Merchant of Venice |
Meantime there was another clash as jews went to the tomb of Joseph (the Old Testament brother who was sold into Egypt) and local muslims rioted. Nablus that was nearby was raided and I think 1 local was died, though I'm not sure of the details. Nablus has been a hotbed of violence these few weeks and I have avoided going there to bring aid to the MC sisters there. It's a dangerous road across the mountains where jewish settlers and local arabs would throw stones or shoot at cars.
 |
| Merchant of Venice |
Several days back I went to see the annual Shakespeare performance in the park: this year it's the Merchant of Venice. Open air performance is fun, and the crowd was much larger than before. Each scene moved to a different part of the park, following the sunset, The Merchant of Venice is a touchy topic here in Israel, being blamed for anti-semitism. Hence the production company organised several talks to settle any questions and doubts. It was well thought out, pre-empting possible problems with the jewish audience, who I must say was quite open. Anyway it was a good summer event for me which I enjoy.