Sunday, August 21, 2022

IBS

Shadow of a cat
 I've been reading up on IBS after the doc's diagnosis that my gut problem is the main cause of the allergies and other problems. If I solve the gut problem, then all the rest will resolve themselves. So I've been learning things like polyols, FODMAP foods, biome, all kinds of terminologies. I'm both IBS C and IBS D so there's a crazy balance of food intake that I need to be aware as it swings from D to C or vice versa. Constantly switching diets. What I can't eat today, I may need to eat tomorrow.

There's a whole series of things I can't eat or should eat depending on the IBS being D or C. Long story short, I should be eating fermented food like kimchi and miso. No gluten, apples/pears, milk products etc. I barely able to find anything I can eat. Fish and chicken are ok but veggies depend on my IBS state. Each day my mind boggles in deciding what I can eat and what not .... day by day it changes. But after 4 days now, my bloating and abdominal pains are cut down. My asthma is also reduced. But I still get dizzy not because of sugar levels fluctuating but out of hunger.

I hope that by 2 months things get more stable in my gut. I'm taking probiotics as well to help quicken the stabilising process. Fingers crossed.