Friday, June 24, 2022

Tourists

 As the weather stabilizes into summer mode, people are also getting used to the heat. Violent incidents are significantly less and let's hope it stays that way. Tourist groups are coming by the thousands now. Our streets are full of foreigners. And they bring illnesses. The spike in Covid and gastric influenza has reached a daily rate of over 10,000. The Health Ministry is telling people to wear masks when indoors but nobody is bothering. Well, it may be a case of too little, too late. Regrets will be useless. In fact the Ministry has already said that this is the 6th wave of Covid.

At Cana chapel
Among the thousands of daily tourists is a filipino family who came to visit. Parents with 4 kids. I brought them around the Old City on the 1st day, but my health isn't up to it so for the rest of the week I got other filipino friars to help out. They went to Cana and renewed the marriage vows during Mass there. Fr Carlos from Tel Aviv presided the Mass. There were many fun things to do with the kids as they learned more about their faith. And they drew and coloured books on Bible stories. The Ministry of Tourism is aiming for 4 million tourists by August. Thats mainly to boost the economic.

I'm still recovering from gastric flu. I thought I was getting better yesterday and then I vomited last night. I think it's not quite over yet. Still I have classes to teach and lots of paper work to follow up. Hope by tomorrow all will be dealt with so I can sleep on Sunday ... or see the doctor.