Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Processions

Procession of St. Anthony
 I must be tired. I can't remember words or things for the past day. For the past 3 nights I've slept only 3 hours each because I've had too much to do. The old brains are giving up. 

Monday evening I had gone to Tel Aviv to the migrant chapel to concelebrate the feast of St. Anthony for the Konkani community. There wee many worshippers, and the little children wore Franciscan habits as a sign of consecration to St. Anthony. There was a public procession around the block with police escort, followed by Mass in English and Konkani. There were 4 deacons and 8 priests and the sanctuary was small and the chapel had no windows so it was very hot and stifling. The Mass ended at 10pm and when I reached the bus station, there was no one and no bus. It was scary. The station is famous for drug addicts, thieves and lots of violence. I called the deacons for help and they can to accompany me back to Jerusalem by train. It was my first time and I didn't know where the station was. Neither did they. We needed a Filipina parishioner to bring us there.

Little Anthonies
When I reached home, having to take the tram as well, it was already midnight. And I hadn't eaten anything all day. It was past 1.30am when I actually to sleep but by 4am I had to be up for work and meetings. I was feeling very light-headed and nauseous all morning. So at 3pm I decided to go home to rest. Simply too much activities. I'll have to recoup my energy because this Friday there'll be another procession and Mass for the Malayam community in the night and Saturday morning I have Mass for the Konkanis. All in Tel Aviv far away.

There was no drizzle as predicted. instead the heat has come back ... over 28 degrees. I must remember to drink lots of water to stay hydrated otherwise I'll be fainting.