Thursday, June 30, 2022

Talent

Balu's art expo
 I'm still feeling quite unwell. The fever has not subsided, and though I haven't vomited I still feel nausea. And the diarrhea hasn't stopped either. Dr. John came by and checked me up. He said my cough and sore throat is the result of something else and the stomach problem is gastroenteritis. He gave me medicines as well. I sure hope I'll get better as this Saturday I must go to Tel Aviv to celebrate Mass for the Ethiopic community. 

Yesterday there was a terrible attack at the Tomb of Joseph - the one who was sold into Egypt and became the number two man. A large group of jews went to the tomb accompanied by police but a local arab shot through the crowd, injuring 3 people. What a terrible way to start the summer.

There was also an earthquake last night. I think it was 3.6 on the Richter scale ... and as the newspapers report, it's one in a series so far. Well that works well with all the violence happening. What luck.

Art exhibition
On a happy note, our indian seminarian Balu held his first exhibition of his artistic skills ... painter, sculptor and calligrapher. He's done some very good pieces of oil on canvas, and lots of soap sculptures. It's so refreshing to have aspects of modernity and classic mixed in one. He is talented!