Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Sick

At my doctor's clinic
 I thought my gastroenteritis was over but this morning I felt really sick. My throat was very sore and I lost my voice. I still have a slight fever and I lost my appetite. I still went to the Ivrea convent this morning for Mass which is 1km away in a nearby village. 

But back home I stayed in bed as I really felt unwell. The whole day. I did go the the doctor. He's an old man and the neighbourhood poor go to him. I don't want to go to high class doctors with special treatment like all the rest of the guys in my community do. I came here to be with the poor, the neighbours living around our house. If they go to a poor clinic, then so do I. The old doctor has Parkinsons ... so when he gives me an injection, it hurts. Still that's what poor people have to go through. They don't have a choice. And I choose to share their experience.

Fever, nausea, runny nose, sore throat, lost of appetite ... it's not good. I hope it'll pass tomorrow. I have a lot of work to finish. The last thing I need is to back log work during the holidays.