Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Turtle doves

Nesting dove in
our courtyard
 A stone was thrown at a passing car on the road to Nablus but the jewish passengers were only slightly hurt. This happens all the time ... jewish cars gets stoned by palestinians and palestinian cars get stoned by jewish settlers. It's a dangerous road ... a stretch of 40 km through the hills and valleys of Samaria with hardly any civilisation around. I had wanted to go to Nablus to see the MC sisters and their handicapped patients many times but the violence along the road is a big deterrent. I'll have to wait till things are calmer ... probably in winter before I'll try going there.

The weather continues to be hot as it's typically summer but the forecast is 35 degrees next week ... which should only occur in August. I guess if it's so hot now, August will get 40 degrees and above. One good thing about this extreme heat is it keeps everyone indoors ... so there'll be less violence in the streets. 

The turtle-doves are breeding well this year. They build very flimsy nests that get blown off when there's a strong wind. But many have now built nexts on window ledges and even on the statue of Mary in our courtyard. I feed them every morning and there're over 30 doves with sparrows that fly down for food. That gives them energy to have more fledglings. We need to repopulate the local birds because invasive crows and mynahs from Jordan have come and decimated their population by eating their eggs.

I know I've ben talking about my failing health but I've not be able to do anything about it. Going to a hospital checkup means a one day event, driving up to Nazareth which is 2 hrs away. I dislike the journey as I suffer from IBS. Yesterday the MC sisters cooked a little pansit for me but I had diarrhea after eating it. My stomach gets upset for any food that I eat now ... not just pansit. Even a sandwich. It's getting bad and there's no cure for IBS.