Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Tuesday

 The Old City is back to normal after the terrorist attack. I'm still a little shaken and am wary whenever I pass by Damascus Gate. It's unnerving. Now any popping sounds startle me. It'll take some time to get back to normal ... if there's such a thing.

Celebrating a new
convent
Last Sunday our Indian sisters officially received the decree from Rome recognizing the establishment of their convent in our house. All their sisters from Nazareth and Bethlehem came to join in the celebration, as well as the provincial from India. It was a solemn mass and the decree was read by their provincial. Then there was a big breakfast in our house.

The weather for the past 3 days has been cold ... down to 11 degrees in the night. And daytime is no more than 25 degrees. But today it's up to 30 degrees I think. Still many people in the streets are wearing jackets because you never know when it'll swing back to cold again.

My lung infection is getting better though I still have difficulties breathing. Every 2 days I test myself for Covid. I'm negative. So my lung infection is not Covid. But it's weaken my breathing very much and I can't walk far without feeling exhausted due to lack of oxygen. I guess I'll have to go back to hospital for a better checkup. Meantime our foreman from the technical office had recovered from his cancer operation. I spoke with him yesterday. I'm glad it turned out fine. There are several workers around my office who are recovering from cancer too. Something's wrong here ... maybe radioactive underground?