Friday, May 27, 2022

Hot

Pigeons take a bath
 The weekend is setting in. Sabbath starts this evening when the sun sets. The City is getting more tense and police are increasing their presence. That's because Sunday is the Flag March where extremists jews will march by the thousands carrying flags through our Quarter. It's not only provocative but usually they vandalize our property. Sometimes they attack arab residents. I'll probably stay home as there'll be a sort of curfew. The public school opposite my house is preparing for this ... the police have taken over the highest floor and they've been working overnight with some fence of something. It's very noisy all night and the lights are shining very brightly in their workplace ... right through our windows. I couldn't sleep because of the light and noise.

Meantime the weather has risen to 32 degrees. It's hot and humid. The birds are flocking to the fountains at Palm Plaza, dipping into the cool waters. Some kids are also enjoying the waters ... while adults watched enviously. Being unable to sleep because of the heat and noise and lights shining into my room from the school, I start work at 2 or 3am ... correcting texts, reading, writing. By 7am I get very tired. But there's more work in the libraries and classes to teach. I can't wait for the exams to be over and the school closes. Then the students will leave for the summer holidays and our workload will take a short break.

I think I'll start planning my summer this weekend. For sure I'll have lots of masses to celebrate as many chaplains will also go for their holidays. I'll have to help out the konkani, eritrean and armenian Masses in several cities. And probably for a couple of filipino communities as well. It'll be a busy summer.