![]() |
| Basilica of the Nativity |
Anyway it's the eve of the Jewish New Year. Road blocks are at every major street corner, police are everywhere ... and road closures have been issued. The borders with Palestine will also be closed. I had to rush off to Bethlehem this morning to bring in aid to the sisters before the borders close. In the rush to get things ready, I forgot where I placed my keys. It was another 20 minutes of wasted time searching for it .... which eventually I found at the adjoining door of the library reading rooms. After my embolism 2 months back ... my memory has deteriorated.
![]() |
| At the MC chapel (Bethlehem) |
After that it was a quick rush to leave Bethlehem as the borders would close in 4 hours, and there was heavy traffic at all the border-crossings. Many Palestinians who have permits to work in Israel were trying to move to Israel so they would not be locked in Bethlehem and lose several days work. I decided to go home through the desert beyond Shepherds' Field and there was no traffic there ... only one truck in front of us.
Anyway it's going to be the Jewish New Year ... so Shanah Tova to you all!

