 |
Mooncake!!
|
I managed to eat a mooncake for the Mid-Autumn Festival. I thought I'll not be able to eat one as no groups have come to bring mooncakes to us. But somehow someone gave a box to the owners of Mian Restaurant, and they gave me one. It was very nice. The moon was super large as well, and very bright. The Chinese sisters cooked a simple dinner and invited me over. So the Mid-Autumn festival wasn't that bad after all.
The Jewish feast of Sukkot is also underway ... for 8 days. It's a festive celebration but there're always some bad hats that want to create trouble. We've had youths chanting slogans and singing loudly after midnight in our Muslim Quarter. Yesterday a tour guide was carrying a huge israeli flag walking through our muslim neighbourhood while guiding local jews, It was very provocative. Every street corner has police stationed in groups of 4 or 6. It's quite tense and intimidating. Mounted police also patrol the streets outside the Old City.
 |
| Homecook dinner |
I've been feeling quite sick the past few days. Maybe it's lack of sleep, maybe it's something else. My respiratory problems get quite bad by 5am every morning and I cannot breathe. This hurts my lungs and my heart rate goes very high ... at times I thought I'd get a heart attack. It makes me faint due to lack of oxygen. And every night my upper abdomen hurts very badly. It's sharp and acute. I'm still not sure when my turn will come for doing the tests in hospital. The Covid restrictions are affecting many of us non-Covid people ... we get shut out of hospital care because the Covid patients are priority ... those people who do not want to be vaccinated, who deny there's a pandemic; while we who abide by Covid rules are penalised by not having hospital services available to us for other sicknesses. It's very unfair.
The weather has changed drastically and it started to drizzle heavily last night till the late morning. The sky is dark with rain clouds and the wind is still cold. The raining season has started early and we hope it will be consistent and heavy. We need the rains.