Saturday, September 25, 2021

Beer Sheva

Moon between the trees
 Yesterday we had drizzle and heavy dew in the early morning again. It sure feels like autumn now. The full moon os slowing waning but it still draws a large crowd every night at Damascus Gate.

With the weather cooling down to 23 degrees with a strong wet wind, many families come out into the park to sit, eat and enjoy the weather before the rains come.

And yes ... the rains are coming. Every morning is humid and heavy with dew. Drizzle for several hours as well. Very promising winter of heavy rains. Fingers crossed. Maybe we'll get several days of snow as well.

Heavy dew every morning
Today was totally out of control. I was supposed to have 6.30am Mass with the MC sisters in Old City, then 8am Mass for the Maria Bambina sisters at Caritas Baby Hospital in Bethlehem, 12pm meeting with a jewish family from Tel Aviv, then 3.30pm retreat conference with the MC sisters at the hermitage of Gethsemane ... mind you I am already quite sick as it is without this punishing schedule. Then came a call to say I must go to Beer Sheva 130km away in the desert to organise the removal of furniture from a house whose family was moving out. It took almost 2 hrs to reach the city and another 2 hrs to carry fridges, furniture etc... into a huge truck that I hired for this. Result was I had to cancel everything else for the day and spent day travelling and working in Beer Sheva. I only managed to celebrate Mass in Bethlehem. 

It's been a crazy day. I need to rest now. My feet and head are hurting very much. And tomorrow is not going to be any easier. What a dreadful weekend.