 |
| Road Block at Notre Dame |
Police presence has been stepped up throughout the City. There were road blocks even in front of Notre Dame Center. City Gates have more police than usual and metal barriers are placed at every corner. I think the escape of the 6 terrorists have alerted everyone to be extra careful. Stricter restrictions in prisons to prevent similar escapes, were met with riots today - mealtimes, outdoor times were limited which the prisoners felt was collective punishment. Family members of the escapees have also been arrested ... drawing anger from the local arabs. It all seems to go downhill.
 |
| Honey on apple |
Today is also the birthday of the BV Mary. The traditional Mass at St. Anne's Church (Bethesda Pool) near our house was celebrated with a small crowd of local religious. Due to Covid indoor restrictions, no more than 50 people are allowed to gather. I was in my office all day, doing lots of work till 6pm. I also went to the pharmacy and the kind owner immediately gave me a cream to put on the midge bites that have been infected. It also stopped the itching ... for several hours. Then I had to reapply the cream again.
Yesterday's Jewish New Year saw no clashes in and around the Old City or near the Wailing Wall. I taught the chinese sisters to eat apple dipped in honey ... which is a traditional Jewish New Year delicacy. I love it, especially with green apples because the tangy, sour apple goes well with the sweet honey. Hopefully it brings in a sweet year .... end of Covid and back to normal life.