Thursday, August 12, 2021

Summer Shakespeare



Henry IV
It's already Thursday ... just can't believe how time flies. Another weekend is upon us ... and we're in mid-August. Summer is at its height and I'm determined to enjoy the activities ... since I can't have a holiday by the sea at our Jaffa house.

So yesterday evening, I went to see Shakespeare in the Park. The drama group performed Henry IV but adapted it for outdoors as well as shortening it. A nice crowd was there ... some 60 people in all. We moved around the park as each scene changed locations against the setting sun ... with the final scene backed by the walls of the Old City as the 2 armies fought. The audience brought their own chairs, snacks and even dogs for the 2 hour play. I was happy ... it's one of my annual summer activities. Last year it was cancelled because of Covid, and yesterday was the first and only performance without the Green Pass. From today on, all participants must have the Green Pass which I haven't.

Henry IV
Today it was back to work. Fr Raphael our Armenian Catholic chaplain came over to help me catalogue our Armenian books. It was good of him to help me out. Once this is done, I'll get the Greek books catalogued next. And before you know it, school will reopen and our books have to be ready for the students. Well ... actually we're not sure if school will actually reopen. There's talk of another lockdown but I am skeptical. Green Pass however is in effect in all indoor activities including libraries so I'm having to reimpose masks, distancing and showing of Green Pass (vaccination or sero-negative)  before entrance. I am not thrilled as it puts our workers into more pressure and vigilance. 

I was back at the Clalit clinic for my results and the tests showed that I am negative of any gastro-intestinal problems. Thank goodness. But the docs are still unsure why I'm losing weight and my stomach is bloated.