Monday, August 9, 2021

National Day

Altar over Christ's Tomb
 The cool weather continued today. It's made going out pleasant ... as many people in the streets can testify. Still most shops selling fruit and vegetables avoid laying out their products in the streets, or they'll wilt and spoil. Kids are enjoying their summer camps as they get to go outdoors as the weather is cooler.

Empty street
I celebrated Mass inside the Empty Tomb this morning, as I usually do on the 1st week of each month. It's for all the benefactors, and families whom we remember here in the Holy Land, living and dead. That means all of you. The basilica was very quiet and there were barely 10 people there. It's a nice and rare opportunity ... until the tourists return and swamp the place again. Mind you, local tourists are flocking into the old City though. This morning there was a group of some 40 people, local jews with a guide, visiting our chapel. 

Today is Singapore's National Day. I hear it's a rather subdued celebration due to Covid restrictions. I guess that's the new normal. We'll need to live with it.

Healthwise I'm still giddy and nauseous, though much less than before. The new medication seems to be holding my blood pressure a little lower, but it does make me lethargic and sleepy. I try to rest alot more than usual as a result.