Saturday, August 21, 2021

Heatwave is back

Homemade 
noodles
 It's been several days since I updated the blog ... which usually means I wasn't feeling well. Though the forest fires have been extinguished, I'm still having grave problems with breathing. This morning was particularly bad and I almost blacked out several times. The more I panic, the worse it gets ... so it's a psychological game where I tell myself I'm still breathing, it's ok, don't panic ... and slowly the erratic and spasmodic breathing goes away. 

The chinese sisters have been taking care of me. They cook homemade noodles and dumplings, which are really good, for my lunch. They also apply reflexology on my feet to lower my blood pressure, and to lessen the asthmatic attacks. It's their summer holidays so they have time for this. Once September starts, work resumes and I won't get any of these things anymore. 

There's been tense moments the past 2 days as Israel purportedly bombed parts of Damascus in Syria as well as entering Lebanon air space. We're not quite sure how the reactions would be, but from the past years we've learnt that symbolic retaliatory bombings take place. I certainly hope so.

The weather is back to 34 degrees ... and the heat makes me quite ill if I have to go out. Without a green pass, I'm not allowed to enter shops, restaurants, and many public spaces ... so going out to buy bread is a quick dash in this heat. That often causes my asthma attacks. But to be caught by the police entering the bakery with a green pass is a 5000 shekel fine.