Monday, November 23, 2020

Even colder

Dark rain clouds all day
And the new week begins ... with a very cold snap. Last night was 7 degrees and today at satire it was no higher than 17 degrees. The sky was dark from yesterday and there was a slight drizzle. In the western coastal cities, there were floods, storms and emergency rescues. Very dramatic. A sewage system broke in the north-east of the country and raw sewage burst into the Mediterranean Sea. Govt has been warning people not to enter the sea all along the coast because of the contamination. Yuck.

Corona infection rates have risen to 8,000+. The govt is again warning of tightening restrictions while shop owners have disregarded all caution and opened their shops even if they're non-essential. It's appalling. Yesterday I went to East Jerusalem to buy stationary for the library ... and all the main road, shops were open. Maybe one out of every 15 shops were closed. Though people wore masks, there was no social distancing. It was quite scary!

Empty plaza due to cold
I've been testing my work momentum and have found a workable system to fit my studies and work. As long as I finish each week's assignment by Friday every week, I should have time for my normal routine during the weekends. So today Monday, I have to start reading and collecting material for my weekly written assignment for next week. Sounds like chasing after the train, but it's exciting. So many new things to learn. I get up early each night at 2am to study. That's the only time I'm free from obligations.

My plantar fasciitis and broken tooth are both making life difficult. Both are very painful. I'll just have to live with it till they go away. The cold is not helping one bit as muscles and ligaments tend to tighten more. I'll have to keep my room warm.