![]() |
| Musrara market |
At the open market, there were crowds of indian, african and ethiopian migrant workers shopping for cheap products and food, and arab minibus drivers yelling "Tel Aviv" for those who want to go back. These migrant workers usually come to Jerusalem on Saturdays for Mass and then do their shopping. It's a good break from work and the secular environment of Tel Aviv.
Afternoon was still dark and cold, and I had to finish my weekly assignment. I decided to work in my office as the aircon serves also as a heater. Happily I finished it by 4.30pm. I shared with 3 students some sufganiot (jam filled doughnuts) that I had bought from the bakery. It's nice to eat something sweet with hot tea on a dark drizzly afternoon. The students are stressed from writing their thesis as well.
My classmate from 30 yrs back in college died last night. It's very sad for all of us classmates who updated each other regarding her health. After university she studied theology and became a lay missionary ... and a very successful one too. I prayed for her all night and offered all my acute pain in the tooth and foot for her peaceful passing.
Tonight begins Advent. A strange Advent ... under covid restrictions. My Advent wreath is broken in pieces after 10 years. I might just go buy a new one ... something new under very strange circumstances.
