![]() |
| Winter rose |
And in the Christian Quarter, shops have opened selling christmas decorations. It's not even Advent. And such shops are considered non-essential. But the police close an eye. It's the festive season and people need business. People are too poor to buy these decorations this year, but we pray even a little business might help bring some cheer to some others.
The chilly weather is making the roses bloom in clusters. My little terrace with a row of 10 rose bushes are very fragrant with the blossoms. And the marigolds are also blooming. It's wonderful to see the golden flowers with the pink roses together. The Spring bulbs on the other hand are sprouting lots of strong leaves. I think their blossoms next year will be profuse. Looking forward to them.
Meantime my right heel is hurting even more. Walking is excruciating and I limp badly as a result. Still I continue to walk because if I don't, the muscles and nerves might get worse. And yesterday the sisters of Ivrea called to say one of their teachers in their kindergarten tested positive for coronavirus so their kindergarten is closed from today and all the sisters had to get tested. I was there the whole of last week to celebrate Mass ... so I hope I didn't catch it. I'll be watching for the symptoms.
