Friday, November 27, 2020

Cold weekend

Winter sky at 4.20pm
It's Black Friday ... and the govt. allowed some shopping malls to reopen. Of course those that were not allowed were very upset and some have opened in defiance. Queues in front of every opened shop. But I noticed only 2 along Ben Yehuda Mall offered Black Friday discounts. All the rest kept to normal prices. It must because they want to recuperate their losses. I had rushed out at the last minute 4.20pm to buy ink. But I was too late. Sabbath had started and almost all shops were closed except a couple of restaurants.

Along the way I saw a beggar huddling under a blanket in front of a Shopping Mall. It's very cold. Today the highest was 12 degrees and the lowest tonight will be 6 degrees. I hope he stays warm.

Beggar by the street
It's been a very hectic day for me, doing work and helping the Chinese sisters settle the bureaucratic process of being gazetted with the govt. Managed to finalize some things. But I'm very dizzy from exhaustion and hunger. And my plantar fasciitis and broken tooth are aching very bad. I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk home safely.

Palestinians have no more public transport as the govt. stopped them. Infection rates have soared. Israel is mulling closing the borders. As a result today we had no workers. Not sure how long this will last. If only people would be less care-less and be public minded in wearing the mask and washing their hands. Distancing is impossible in the small arab enclaves and streets. If this continues, it will badly affect our Christmas celebrations.