![]() |
| Pickles |
Later in the morning I went out to buy bread. For 5 shekels I get 8 pittas which lasts me for a week. Also popped into the clinic to see the doctor. I need to register my medical insurance card with him ... but he couldn't do it because my insurance policy is not confirmed due to the lockdown. No one is working in the office to confirm it. The walk out was refreshing ... and several people were in the streets. Lots of police at every corner though but they didn't disturb the pedestrians. Only shops selling food and medicine are open. Next to the bread shop was the pickle shop ... every vegetable imaginable is pickled here. I guess it must be very popular because only shops selling essential foodstuffs can be opened. The odour from the pickles was overpowering. I don't particularly like pickled vegetables.
Infection rates have dropped to the lowest ever this month. That's good news except we see in the news that thousands of israelis were out in the streets last night demonstrating again. And ultra-orthodox jews had attacked police and even set fire on police cars and parts of the neighbourhood. All these are not helping in arresting the infection.
Right now a dozen of our seminarians are making their solemn professions. It's a difficult time to celebrate under lockdown. None of their families could come over. Everything is being streamed live. However some others who managed to go back to their countries were ordained yesterday. 2 african deacons were ordained yesterday. They had a very circuitous route to get home but they made it. I am happy for them.
