Friday, October 30, 2020

Back again

Crowds are back today
 My goodness how time has flown. My last blog was Monday! I've been very busy these days with translation work as well as my own studies ... writing assignments. And of course there's lots of work in both libraries. I hardly have time to eat meals now. In fact I only have a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and then a meal at 3pm. And I don't feel hungry. I guess that the mental activity draws attention away from the stomach. But I'm back again on the blog ... so you know I'm not dead yet.

Last night was very noisy out in the streets and I could hardly sleep. It was the birthday of Mohammed the prophet. Muslims from all over the country flocked to the Al Aqsa mosque all day yesterday and today. The police did not enforce social distancing or prayer in capsules of 10 people. It was free for all ... though thankfully majority of them wore masks. But with people coming from all parts of the country ... the chances of infection are very highly. I panicked when at 4pm yesterday I needed to go to the MC convent for confessions and eucharistic adoration. I dodged the crowds left and right, shouting at people to make way as they slowly gaited along the street, shopping and eating and chatting. Scary.

Beggars galore
And one thing more that came back after these 8 months of lockdown ... beggars. Lots of beggars lined the main streets as the crowds walked past. It was a windfall for them.

And today Friday and muslim feastday crowded with worshippers, the Al Aqsa mosque became the centre of protests against the French President. Police arrested several instigators. I am revolted by this constant muslim persecution of christians in our own churches. If it were a synagogue, the world would be outraged. If it were a mosque, a jihad would have been called. But it's christians ... so nobody cares. If muslims demand that others respect their religion ... then they should start respecting other religions too. The injustice to christians by muslims must end ... if not on earth, then by Divine Justice. It will come ... as sure as the earth quakes.