 |
Breakfast
|
It's Monday and the weather has dropped quite alot ... 17 degrees in the night. Daytime is 27 degrees so all in all it's very pleasant. This morning there was fog over the City and dew all over the ground... it felt more like Spring. The bulbs are sprouting so it's a good sign. And the sunrise are spectacular ... yesterday as usual on Sundays, I have my early breakfast at 6am on the terrace watching the sunrise and praying Lauds. The sun was directly behind the Russian Monastery bell tower on the Mt. of Olives. Awesome.
And the nights are equally incredible with the full moon shining brightly. The feast of Sukkot is in its 3rd day and the annual priestly blessing took place this morning at the Wailing Wall. Usually tens of thousands of jews would come for the blessing but this year because of corona restrictions, only a handful of jews were there with the chief rabbis and jewish priests. I couldn't go but I watched it online.
 |
Amazing sunrise
|
There were riots in ultra-orthodox neighbourhoods as police tried to enforce distancing but were rebuffed by the residents. And a crowded funeral of a rabbi in the south resulted in the same fracas ... with arrests and injured. A 92 yr old leading rabbi who encouraged his massive followers not to follow lockdown rules has caught the virus himself. But I doubt he regrets anything. Most of them don't believe there's a viral pandemic. They live in a different reality. Infections though have fallen to 7000 a day and we hope the trend will continue for the next 2 weeks. The military however is warning not to reopen schools ... that was the cause of the 2nd wave 2 months ago. And the environmental minister who is corona positive, broke lockdown laws by travelling 120 kms for Yom Kippur with her family, and then lied and tried to cover up. It's a sad state of affairs when govt ministers don't follow govt laws, and rabbis control the govt. It dampens any hope of a quick resolution to the pandemic.
I try to keep myself safe ... wearing mask always and everywhere, washing hands and staying as much alone as possible. My cough is still phlegmatic .. which I hope is a good sign it's not corona. And I'm trying to rest between work. Doc said if I'm tired, my resistence will be lowered and the risk of catching the virus is higher.