Yesterday in Tel Aviv there was a 2nd wave of Climate Change demonstrations. Thousands joined in the march ... which was very colourful and festive. Very typical of Tel Aviv even addressing a sombre topic. I wish I had gone to join in ... but being Friday I didn't want to wander through the muslim crowd in my Quarter. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-joins-worldwide-climate-protests-as-thousands-take-to-tel-aviv-streets/
![]() |
| The bedouin beggar |
![]() |
| The good delivery boy |
And talking about charity ... this afternoon on my way home from work I encountered a very touching moment on the street. There is an elderly bedouin woman who sits under a tree between the tram tracks and Damascus Gate park begging for money. It's been a tradition with us by now to always give her a shekel whenever we pass by ... and she always smiles and gives a blessing. Today I was taking a shekel out of my pocket to give her ... she was still some 10 meters away ... when a young arab delivery boy was huffing his bike uphill to make a delivery. He suddenly stopped, got off his bike, reached into his pocket and gave the bedouin a shekel. It was a very nice act as he hardly earns anything while working in this heat. It caught me by surprise and I couldn't take a photo in time. However on my detour home through Salahaddin Street (I had to buy flowers for the altar) ... the same delivery boy was cycling pass ... obviously finishing his delivering. I quickly snapped a photo of him. It made me feel good to know that there are still young people who care despite their own poverty. Faith in humanity restored.

