Sunday, September 15, 2019

Holy Cross feast

Relic of True Cross in procession
Yesterday was the Feast of the Holy Cross. It's very solemn here and the altar on Mt. Calvary was ornately decorated. Solemn Mass was sung there and hundreds came to participate. The relic of the True Cross was brought up to Calvary during Mass but was brought down to the Altar of the Apparition for the blessing and veneration.

I was very busy in the morning as I had 6am Mass at the Ivrea sisters' convent then a mad dash to the Holy Sepulchre for another Mass at 7.30am on Calvary for the parishioners from the Tel Aviv parish. Immediately after that I had to preached a recollection. I was free only at noon but not before going to East Jerusalem to buy flowers for our dining room and some desserts for our indian sisters. After all it was a feast day.

Relic on Mt. Calvary
I was terribly confused yesterday ... convinced that it was Sunday. People had to keep reminding me it's only Saturday. Losing my memory again ... but surely not because of lack of potassium. I've been eating a banana every morning so my potassium level should be ok.

This morning ... Sunday of the Prodigal Son ... I wanted to take things easy. I'm exhausted to the point of collapse so I needed a no-stress day. Finished Mass and took a slow walk to the New City and bought some treats for Buddy and JJ. Chatted with the store-keeper and friend Eran before strolling through the park and then down the main street back home. Bought 1 kg of chicken breast and went home to cook Phad Kra Pao because basil is in season. It was nice. Our indian sisters enjoyed it.