 |
| Crispy morning |
After yesterday's burst of violence, I wasn't going to take any chances with the throngs of arabs in the streets today (Friday) so I decided to stay home. I received new threats 3 days ago and was warned by M. Teresa's sisters. They offered to accompany me to and from work ... but I don't want to put them into trouble. After all 2 of them were attacked also the last time.
 |
| Roses from the MCs |
Autumn is upon us and the nights are below 15 degrees ... chilly. The mornings are bright and crisp ... and the ground is wet with dew. The bulbs in my flower pots have all sprouted ... and our 2 armenian seminarians bought me a box of Dutch bulbs while in Holland visiting their family. So this morning I decided to do gardening instead of work. Potted lots of bulbs, pruned the daisies and Jerusalem artichokes. Then fertilised all the pots in preparation for winter. Lots of work and I found it very enjoyable ... out in the sun, hands in the soil.
And talking about gardening, the 6 rose pots I gave the M. Teresa sisters in Bethlehem have flourished into huge bushes because the sisters planted them in the ground. The soil there is very rich so the bushes flower profusely. I asked the sisters to cut some for me so I could put them on our Madonna altar in the refectory. They are very lovely and strongly perfumed.
Sabbath begins this evening and when it ends tomorrow evening, Rosh haShanah (New Year) begins and lasts till Monday. Everyone is warning everyone to buy whatever they need because all shops and offices will be closed during this long weekend. I guess I'll stay home these 72 hours.