![]() |
| Carrot cake for lunch |
In this tense situation, with lots of police in and around the Old City, I went to celebrate the Armenian Mass at 9am. A couple of my students came to help. After that I had to rush off to the market to buy ingredients to cok Pad Kra Pao for our community at the Last Supper Room. My former student staying there will be ordained deacon next week and he invited me over for lunch ... provided I cook something asian. It's always great to go there ... a very small community of 6 friars. My student had cooked an appetiser and a carrot cake for dessert. It was delicious! I cooked the Pad Kra Pao but there was no basil in the market so I used mint instead. They didn't know the difference. Next week I'll come back for lunch but my student will be a deacon then.
![]() |
| Roses in the garden |
Tomorrow our library at the Curia will be closed because Israel's President is coming for a visit. Strict security dictates that all offices surrounding the courtyard where he will arrive must be cleared. Good for me. Hope I can sleep late. Maybe I can do some gardening if it's not too hot. The roses are blooming amazingly ... huge blossoms which we cut and place in our refectory.
Right now the canon has fired 7 shots ... that means Ramadan has begun.
![]() |
| Same roses in our refectory |


