Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Heatwave

Full moon over the City
What happened to my posts??? My blog must be hacked as posts from the past 2 days are gone!! Well I know all my social media have all been and still are hacked but never had my posts removed.

Well anyway the days are passing so quickly and work consumes every minute. That means from 4am to 10pm ... the sisters and the guys in the house are getting worried that I'm heading for collapse. Well I feel like it but still I must push on .. it's the end of the end, the exams are on, the elevator in the library is still being installed, strangers breaching our private zone and entering our monastery, magazines need to be bound, the digitalization project is running behind time .... I had to run a couple of errands in Bethlehem yesterday. It sounds so normal ... but I guess for many of you, Bethlehem is just a name in the Bible and it sounds strange that people go to Bethlehem to run errands and shop etc.

Ramadan night
bazaar
Anyway the Ramadan season is almost over. This is the last week. Festivities in the night get more rowdy, fireworks are fired and at 3am the wakers walk through the Muslim Quarter banging their drums are calling people to eat before the fast begins at sunrise. And the full moon is out ... marvelous sight on a clear summer sky.

A heatwave is hitting us hard ... 40 degrees. It'll be around for the next few days if not weeks. Elderly and young are warned not to go out. And rightly so. And things will get worse ... so say the meteorologists. I have to walk to work and it's really hard in this heat. I'll have to drink lots of water. The nights are impossible to sleep because of the heat.  https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5513342,00.html?fbclid=IwAR3MiWUTZ6HpYNOvXRIPTTZ9MjolzpKh6wFoGn4uVXfHqnv4ff88hSS5Avw

The killing of christians in Burkino Faso by muslims is getting out of hand. 2 salesian priests have been beheaded and many lay people killed. Still no major powers are intervening. All these political correctness has embolden the muslim extremists to exterminate christians ... and christians are too scared by political incorrectness and misconstrued "ecumenical dialogue" to dare speak out. My community had a meeting over this false premise and compromise of "ecumenical dialogue" and intend to make our views known to our Order. It's killing christians all over the world. It's the worst persecution ever in christian history because it's concerted and international.