Thursday, May 30, 2019

Ascension Day

St. Peter's in Jaffa
I was determined to take a day off for Ascension Day. I've been working too much and am getting burnt out. I decided to leave the 2 boys back home as well .... just needed to really be alone and chill out. 2 boys = Buddy and JJ the parakeets. They're really the best pets to have ... but I just needed to be alone today ... far far away from the chaos and tension of the City.

Ice cream at Jaffa
I left at 4.30am for Jaffa and arrived at 6am. Celebrated Mass and then had breakfast with the community. Then cleaning up the huge aquarium and sleep .... 3 solid hours. No phones, no knocks on the door, no work, no cooking and washing, no one around. I had an ice cream ... something I wanted to do for a long time. Then I went to chat with my israeli buddies Rudy and Ben who have stalls in front of St. Peter's Church. They're my great buddies.

St. Peter's Church
Because of work tomorrow ... it's the last Friday of Ramadan and thousands of muslims will converge at the Al Aqsa Mosque. Roads around the Old City will be closed and Damascus Gate will be jammed packed ... I must return home in the night. Stopped by Mandarin Restaurant to buy a pack of fried rice for dinner. And that's the end of my 12 hour holiday.

And that was Ascension Day for me. Yes we did talk about the meaning of the Ascension during lunch. It's interesting because 4 of them are Oriental Catholics and they have a different perspective to the Ascension.

Bad news ... prices of daily goods are rising. And no-one seems to realize it because everyone is worried about other things like war up north and south. All the protests from 5 years back have failed. And nothing seems to stop this rising prices. Life will be very difficult now for many people.  https://www.janglo.net/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=display&catid=99&tid=467473&Itemid=0&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook