Friday, May 17, 2019

Fight

Big fight
It's almost midnight and I've just reached home. I was stuck outside Damascus Gate for over an hour ... the crowd coming out was so massive it was impossible to enter the City. Which was just as well because there was a big fight outside Damascus Gate ... between arab youths. It was quite violent but the Israeli police stood by and did nothing as it did not involve them. It went on for an hour and I am sure it's still going on. Youths ran from one side of the street ... they break up ... then call for more supporters to come and clash again ... happened 4 times while I was out there. Pretty normal for many people ... they just sat by the road and ate their meal watching the whole event as if entertainment. I think the only unhappy people were the drivers of cars and trucks stuck in the middle of the road while the youths ran around, blocking the road, fighting and throwing bottles.

Big fight
Well it was very very cold and I only had a T-shirt on, so I decided to take the long walk down to Herod's Gate to get home. It was a lot quieter there and less congested.

This morning I had Mass on Mt. Calvary. The rest of the chinese religious came along. It was to pray for the souls of the fathers of Sr. Zhang and Fr. Abraham who died recently, also for my Aunt and for a good friend Man Lai Wah, and my sifu Frances Ma. And of course I prayed for all of you. The rest of the day was filled with work and confessions and conferences.

Jerusalem Day is next week and jewish attacks on arabs have stepped up. Here's one such occurrence https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-palestinian-teen-hospitalized-in-east-jerusalem-after-being-attacked-by-jews-1.7250612?fbclid=IwAR0MWH4Uguwr3IGi_IMEgmXo-Ha2a4Oobckmno__JJUu3QRtvHm-84EAxT8