 |
| Mediterranean coastline |
Had been offline the past 2 days as I was ordered to have a rest by docs and superiors. Memory loss, confusion, upper lung infection, fever ... and the stress of overwork have taken its toll and everything came crashing. So went offline, no computers, no work, no phone calls ... just 2 days away from the City. Friday was spent sleeping ... something I lack very much. Saturday was work in the sacristy ... the community in Jaffa was out doing their apostolates so I had to cover for them: had to prepare the chapels for an african-french Mass and a german Mass at the same time ... and an unbooked Slovak Mass for a group on the way to the airport. In the afternoon there were 2 other unbooked Masses by 2 korean groups ... also rushing to the airport. Then there was the Sunday Mass for the Spanish and Hebrew-speaking communities. When everything was ready by 6pm, I had to go off to the other parish to celebrate the English Mass because this other community was also not available. And being Sabbat there was no cook at home so I had to go buy my own meals out in the City.
 |
| Afro-french Mass |
My only worry last night was how to find a taxi to get me back home. I need to leave by 5am to avoid the dreadful traffic ... but where to find a tai at that hour. Took my chances and walked down to the town centre .... and there was a taxi waiting. Very lucky.
Back home it's work immediately. There's a sandstorm and the sky is yellow. It's suffocating not to have fresh air but sand and dust with every breath you take. In the afternoon I have an appointment with a specialist in another hospital. Hope I don't get lost there as everything is in hebrew and I'm not good at that language.
Last Friday the arabs celebrated Mother's Day. It's usually festive but this year Israel shut down the celebrations, saying it's all financed by the Palestinian govt. and therefore has a political aim behind it. Too bad.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-police-shuts-down-mother-s-day-event-in-east-jerusalem-claims-it-s-pa-funded-1.7045434?fbclid=IwAR2zcg-m2wQcTSH1GIR8glQ4dXrjmSiHtv6z8nQLDTHJ37xz0fZdoDtFUrY