https://www.timesofisrael.com/rocket-sirens-wail-in-central-israel-amid-reports-of-explosions/?fbclid=IwAR1QUH1pGuWHjIIYo9sSQai8trOcV-DlHhWdAMBl7SCrBfqJ9rQdlytNAC0
and
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5483940,00.html?fbclid=IwAR1zv9XwNY2ma6vUm5HZJ_eRd-4D8IOor9WEUFym9YndBgk19BJHWhbpa_A
![]() |
| The Archbishop at the Basilica of the Annunciation |
The weather seems to reflect this tense situation ... with the bright sunny day suddenly turning dark and gloomy, rain and very cold winds. Winter is back again. People er complaining of this pendulum effect ... one day 20 degrees, next day 6 degrees. Most people are sniffling and sick. I certainly am. And my fever is still around. Think I'll sleep early tonight as it's raining hard. I'm cancelling a meeting this evening as I really can't walk 1km in this rain without catching pneumonia.
Anyway it's the solemnity of the Annunciation today. Schools are closed for this holiday and many have gone north to Nazareth and join solemn Mass at the Annunciation Basilica. The grotto of the Annunciation still stands in the basilica. In a surprising move, the king of Jordan declared the feast of Annunciation to be a joint celebration with muslims. In the Koran, Mary is mentioned 35 times and is held as a virgin and the most splendid of women. In Lebanon muslims and christians have been celebrating the Annunciation together for 8 years now and the Jordanian king thinks his kingdom can do the same. That is very nice. https://www.lastampa.it/2018/03/22/vaticaninsider/a-christianislamic-celebration-of-annunciation-for-the-first-time-in-jordan-d8lwoQQQOrE95Z5MMskOCK/amphtml/pagina.amp.html?fbclid=IwAR1u7j0WLsiBoe6_2Voad_EDjVvrpzuZE44fgUhev_xqghYJZu7Ii8w0OTk
