Friday, March 29, 2019

More drizzle

Cold drizzly at Jaffa Gate
A rather uneventful Friday after yesterday's tensions. Well actually I'm no position to comment as I didn't go out to see the situation. It drizzled all morning and I stayed at home. But I could hear security helicopters flying overhead and jet fighters roaring towards the south ... which is Gaza. In the Old City things were quiet and subdued. Tourists are flooding our streets such that there's practically no space to squeeze back home.

Well the weather has turned cold and drizzly. Once again my workers were mostly sick and me too ... but I had to rush between both libraries to cover for those who didn't come. And once it hits sunset ... I go straight to sleep from exhaustion and sickness. My fever is still floating around causing me at midnight every night to wake up.

And talking about sleeping and waking ... we changed to daylight saving this morning. That means we had 23 hrs today and one hour short of sleep. Summer is certainly here despite the wintry weather ... the sun being up by 5am (6am daylight saving). I'm no fan of daylight saving .... but I'm usually up before sunrise anyway so it makes no difference to me. I do look forward to summer though ... the hot sunny weather.

News just in ... Israel is heightening its military at the Gaza border and preparing for an incursive raid into the territory. Looks like a war is inevitable.  https://www.jerusalemonline.com/idf-prepares-for-large-scale-campaign/?fbclid=IwAR0of6j_AyQV5eHp5xLqaC9RTQabWLpawP2AbVICF3GV4HBJhzHRjzMRLog