Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Op. done

Chapel of St. Nicholas Tavelic
Operation ended an hour and a half ago. It wasn't as painful as I expected though it lasted an hour and a half with 3 x-rays done. The transplanted bone is growing well ... that's the good news ... from 3mm to triple it's mass. Drove right home after the op. Luckily my superior told our janitor to drive me there and wait to take me home. Now I have a bad headache and the pain is slowly creeping in. Will take some painkillers and go to sleep.

There was a tsunami drill along all the coastal cities. However I failed to hear it as i was under surgery. Must have been interesting, It's the first such drill in the country. What it entails is run like hell inland.

Oak tree flowers
The president last night has added his voice in declaring all israeli citizens: jews, arabs and druze - have equal rights. This is after the PM said and then reiterated that israel is a state only for jews as the new law of statehood declares. The president sees the law as inclusive: a state for jews but rights of other minorities are protected. The PM sees the state exclusively for jews and all minorities have no rights. This morning he said that there are 22 arab countries around so there is no need for another state of arabs. That plays into his game with extremist rightwing groups to start a coalition.  https://www.timesofisrael.com/defending-nation-state-law-pm-says-israeli-arabs-have-22-other-countries/?fbclid=IwAR0CbeQpAuZ9Hf1uuG37i9U-T1t_8hJ7GJA3F10Y4uhRmwIhsr16AQdGIm0

Anyway I need to rest now. My head hurts too much.