 |
| Buddy laid an egg |
The storm has tapered off to a drizzle by yesterday evening but it's still very very cold. Maximum day temp. is only 9 degrees and lowest temp. is 3 degrees. But though the storm is passed, it left a trail of confusion and chaos. The valleys to the west of Jerusalem were flooded by swollen streams, with cars and trees dislodged and swept downhill. School children were stranded and needed the military to rescue them in school. And the separation wall in Shufat refugee camp collapsed, leaving a gaping hole between Israel and Palestine ... much to the joy of the palestinians. Tomorrow is forecast to eb bright and sunny ... but the rains will come back on Tuesday onwards. Ash Wednesday will be a dark cloudy and cold day with heavy drizzle. Fitting weather to start Lent.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/jerusalem-separation-wall-falls-after-storm-residents-celebrate-1.6977728?fbclid=IwAR3Jtp9xpSx-jV5GdXQz3TzpOudmX8-V-dp47fyiFDbe_S8zhWGUwC9lEcc
 |
Buddy inspects her egg |
I had a wonderful surprise yesterday after coming home from work. I was exhausted and in pain with fever and laid down to rest. Buddy flew down and snuggled under the blanket. After a while he got out and I found he laid an egg. Buddy turns out to be female. And it was a large egg ... the first for Buddy. She was afraid of it and didn't know how to brood ... and I have no incubator ... so I guess hatching the egg is not possible. Poor Buddy is now a little subdued ... not sure what had happened. Laying her first egg must have been traumatic. She slept with me all night. I guess without Chilli around, she is quite lonely and confused. I'll have to keep her company just as much as she keeps me company.
I am easily fatigued nowadays. And I realised I'm taking double the time to walk the same distance. Slowed down a lot. No more energy. I wonder if I'll be strong enough for the coming operation.