Sunday, September 24, 2017

Reactions

Over 6 security cameras on one pole
at Herod's Gate ... yet church attackers
cannot be identified and arrested?
We are still reeling from the awful crime when one of our churches in the jewish highlands was attacked ... the 3rd time in 4 years. A newspaper report stated that from 2009, there were 53 attacks on churches and mosques but only 9 cases were actually investigated and persons charged. And everyone ... muslim and christian ... is saying that if it were a synagogue that was vandalised, you can be sure it will make headlines in all the world's newspapers and arrests would have been made within 24 hours. We all know how capable and effective the Israeli police are ... so we are all astounded why churches and mosques continuing to be vandalised and burned. We don't need ISIS to persecute us .... we have a more subtle way of persecution here.  http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.813790

Smashed stained glass
Well the jews are making Selichot or prayers of repentance this week before the feast of Yom Kippur or Atonement. Let's hope some of those perpetrators are truly repentant. But I doubt so. They take great pride in attacking churches ... it is a virtue for them.

I've started cleaning my room ... well actually is packing up. I have a feeling I'll be transferred soon. My heart is giving me trouble so I can' walk distances any more. And I really need a rest after 15 years of hard work without vacation. Maybe they'll send me to Syria. That's a nice alternative. Better to die there than here.

On a national level, everyone is concerned with Iran test firing a missile that is capable to reaching Israel. However it is very doubtful Iran will ever do so ... considering many arab muslims live in all the major cities and the Al Aqsa mosque is in Jerusalem. However the principle behind it is important: North Korea's Kim has brashly gone against the world unpunished, and this has emboldened other countries to do the same, like Iran ... and all this has revealed how powerless Trump's America is ... only a barking dog that cannot bite. This will encourage others to be aggressive and it will affect our region profoundly. So expect more attacks on christians and churches.