Monday, September 25, 2017

Back to work

Sunset yesterday
Yes it's Monday again ... the most dreaded day of the week. I wake up at 3am to prepare my room and laundry, pack my workbag for my work and other chores to be done during the day in the City ... then I have class till 6am. Then immediately rush to Mass and then after that its work no stop. A regular Monday sees me working for 18 hours. I'm glad there's a Tuesday that follows .... it's alot slower.

Orthodox monks on
the walk
I've started my round of teaching. I like it though it can be very tiring. It's usually the chores that wear me out ... today I had to go to the Pilgrim Office at Jaffa Gate to pay the fee for booking a Mass ... for someone else. Then I had to go buy medicine for a student who was sick. And I had to go collect 3 kg of noodles that Mian restaurant donated to feed the poor, plus some clothes as well. A lot of that has nothing to do with my work per se ... but as little acts of charity I do them so that others can have an easier day.

There was an amusing moment this morning when I got home from one work to start another. I stayed a few minutes at our gate to chat with my jewish security friends ... after all it's the New Year. Suddenly a troop of Greek Orthodox monks - about 35 to 50 - walked down our street like a black tsunami. All solemn ... not a word uttered. Then after 5 minutes the whole troop came back up ... and I couldn't resist taking a photo. I tried to be discreet but a couple of the monks saw me. One winked and laughed.

The disabled Israelis have again taken to the street to demonstrate for more aid and assistance as the cost of living rises. This time they blocked Ayalon Highway in Tel Aviv ... the main artery of the city. The traffic jam caused was unbelievable.  https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5020083,00.html

And sadly a jewish Country Club won the right to restrict it's membership of arab members. I wonder what other countries would call this.   http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.813981