Saturday, August 19, 2017

Of flowers and food

Sunrise in Jaffa
Soon after the Spanish terrorist attacks, there was another in Finland and then within 24 hours, another in Russia. When will the world wake up and realise the terrorists that are slaughtering christians and minorities in the Middle East are now attacking the heartlands of Christianity in Europe? No ... I don't think the europeans want to know that. Meantime we received news that persecution of Christians have spread to Turkey. The govt there is confiscating hundreds of thousands of square meters of church property ... mainly from the Syrian Orthodox Church. The Syrian Church is the oldest and original church of that region.   http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2017/07/turkey-syriac-christians-fear-land-dispute.html

Car-ramming's and stabbings .... we've seen all that in Israel for 2 years now. Anyone who thinks it's an Israeli phenomenon should wake up and realise it's in your country now. I really hope it'll not be too late for things to turn around.

Chinese sisters and their first vase
of flowers
I've been suffering from food poisoning since yesterday afternoon. I ate a rotten peach for lunch ... was very hungry and thirsty after work ... and a cold peach was very nice. I noticed it was black inside but it didn't taste bad so I ate the whole thing. Then I had and still have severe diarrhoea, vomiting and fever for 36 hours now. It's awful and painful as the stomach cramps are really bad. Still I had work to do today ... left at 5.30am for Jaffa to be sacristan in our sanctuary of St. Peter. Luckily the chinese sisters came along and took over for several hours while I rested because physically I was  exhausted. They bought along lunch which I managed to eat a little ... and then I had to teach them how to arrange flowers for the church They have never arranged flowers in their life.

Well I survived the hour long trip to and from Jaffa without incident so am very thankful for that. Tomorrow begins another day and I hope I'll survive. At least I hope the food poisoning goes away.