![]() |
| Police stop and search arab youths at road corner |
Well problems are not just limited to the arabs. Handicapped israelis have stopped traffic on Highway 4 in Ashdod a southern coastal city. They're demanding a raise in their disability benefits which at the moment is even lower than the minimum wage. Sad. 4 protesters were arrested for assaulting the police. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5002255,00.html
I've been busy today giving a whole morning's conference to the MC sisters, then in the afternoon another series of talks to the Chinese sisters. I'm working just as much as on a normal school day. People are still asking when my summer holidays begin. A vague dream.
Tomorrow is the Solemnity of the Assumption. This evening there was solemn vespers sung at her tomb in the Kidron Valley and tomorrow there will be solemn Mass there. Yes Mary did die and she was buried ... her tomb is still here with us in the Kidron Valley. From this tomb her body was assumed into heaven. Great catholic secret. Few people actually know this. Well we'll be having a busy day with the liturgies and ceremonies tomorrow. And I still have to go and preach conferences ... so I'll go prepare now. Work never stops ... not even for solemnities.
