Monday, July 3, 2017

Continuing heatwave

Dominican nuns watching the
fire show
Last night continued to be very hot ... at 10pm it was still 30 degrees. No wonder everyone was out taking a walk to cool down with the occasional breeze ... and enjoying the Festival of Lights. It had to be Sunday because all the nuns were out of their convents ... the sisters of Notre Dame de Sion, the FMMs, the Dominican nuns ... all out to see the Lights and profit from the breeze. It'll be the same for tonight ... 30 degrees and even now at 8pm crowds are already slowly strolling through the streets trying to catch a breeze. It's Monday so no nuns around. Hahahahahaha

Giant radio at Ben Yehuda Mall
I felt better after an all afternoon rest yesterday. I didn't even read like I originally planned. Just slept through the fever and drank lots of water as I was quite dehydrated. The joint pains are gone now. Hope I'll get well soon despite the work schedule ... there's no summer holiday for that. That meant opening the university library the going to the Post Office then coming back home, cooked some noodles for a student who's studying so hard he has no time to eat, and running off to the other library to meet a new group of volunteers and scheduling their work, then to the Greek Consulate to help with some visa applications then rushing back for a very important meeting of our head friars before going home at 4pm to close the university library. Dozed off for half an hour and then back again to the other library for more work. Passed by Billy's restaurant and picked up some chinese herbal soup. His wife Linda told me to go home and rest as I looked pale and tired still.

Like I predicted, so it came true. One of Israel's biggest jewish american financier is pulling out his funds from Israel after the PM sided with the ultra-orthodox jewish domination over conversion validity and praying at the Wailing Wall.   http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4983617,00.html

And in an macabre twist, an army officer staged his own suicide to look like a terrorist attack. Unbelievable how they hate the arabs so much they would even do it in death.  http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4983866,00.html

Well the madness that this heat is bringing to everyone doesn't dampen the summer holiday spirit here but rather enhances it. At Ben Yehuda Mall, there's a giant radio that actually works. You can change the frequencies and volume ... with 2 hands as it's enormous.