| Remains of byzantine church in Emmaus - Nicopolis |
What a dreadful sandstorm today. Reports say it is the worst sandstorm in 4 years. Visibility was terribly limited and there's sand everywhere. http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/worst-sandstorm-in-four-years-engulfs-israel-as-heavy-air-pollution-recorded-across-country-1.512883 People are warned not to go out and do strenuous work. And poor asthmatics like me must remain indoors. My asthma is really bad. But the new medicine is providing quite a relieve. Plus the exhaustion of the Easter celebrations, I managed to sleep a little longer than usual. Got up at 6.30am. That's a record .... since I usually get up at 4am.
As today's the last day of Pesach, all shops in the Israeli side of the city is closed. I had to go to East Jerusalem to buy some necessities. Got caught in the middle of battle: some suppliers were demanding money from a hardware shop that owed them money. Some 50 people gathered in front of the shop, taking sides. Then tempers flared and fights broke out. I tried to get out of the way by staying inside a shop. The fight spilt out into the streets. Strangely the police station is just 50 metres away but no Israeli police showed up. It's in such kind of situations that the Resurrection of Christ become significant. Otherwise life is hopeless and people merely pawns to circumstances.