Friday, April 12, 2013

Another Friday

Independence Day falls on Tuesday next week. The day before is Remembrance Day. The country is festooned with flags and buntings. The airforce has been practicing fly-pass over Jerusalem for the past few mornings ... awfully noisy. I'm sure like every year the navy will be doing a sail-pass along the coast in Tel Aviv. It would be terribly fun there except I have class on Tuesday and cannot go to Tel Aviv like the past years to watch the parade and relax. Come to think of it, I've not had one day to relax for the past one and a half years. I'm going crazy. Enough is enough. My body is breaking down and my mind is cracking up.

smart observation ...
The weather has done a 180 again ... today was hot though the wind could be quite cold. Here's a novel way to tell the weather .... according to Olive Tree Hotel.

The past few days have just been as crazy as the weather. I've just been running from east to west of the country, north and south of the City, waking at 3am or latest 4am ... working through till 10pm or later. Lucky for me the asthma has been reduced greatly ... thanks to one painful injection. Works wonders this jab ... probably some kind of cortisone or steroidal treatment. This goes together with flixotide and ventolin. Loads of steroids I guess ... I'm expecting swollen feet and arthritis again. That's the downside. But at least I can breathe.

Today Friday passed very quietly. No problems in the City, no blockades, soldiers were significantly less in the streets. But outside the City things were different. Settlers attacked an arab farmer and arab villagers retaliated.   http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/Palestinians-clash-with-IDF-after-alleged-beating-309650  My friends Saaed, Ahmed and gang are all going to Ramallah tonight to a party ... but I'm back home writing a report for a meeting. They invited me but those guys will probably come home in the early hours of tomorrow morning ... and I can't do that. I have work to do ... and I still can't find time to rest.