Friday, April 19, 2013

Baby canaries dead

Yes two of my baby canaries died because it was too cold ... 10 degrees this afternoon. The sun was shining though and I thought it would be warm enough to put the nesting cages out. But the two babies could not survive the very cold winds; and the silly mother canary had made a nest with too little material for warmth and she did not sit over the babies. I guess there's no way to control nature.

Friday today ... not much going on. No tension. Everyone going about their work as usual ... except for the awful cold wind. Most are in hoods and hats. I still have my stuffed nose. Can't breathe at all. And I learn that practically everyone else has this problem. Signora Clara from the pharmacy gave me a nasal spray that unclogs the sinuses and its a big help as now I can go to sleep without breathing through my mouth. Clara is an Argentinian jewess who knows as for many years.

Great cheesecake at
Focaccia
As a treat from the rather miserable and tiring week that I've had, I went out for tea with my good friend Firas. We went to Focaccia and had a very nice cheesecake each. It was a nice quite 1 hour ... before I had to rush home to do more work. But the cheesecake made it worthwhile ... rich and creamy, with strawberry and cream. Not good for my diabetes I know ... but heck, it's been a miserable week so I deserve a sugar high.