Friday, August 10, 2012

Talk talk talk

The virus is back with a vengeance. Aching joints and muscles. Nausea. Headache. Swollen throat ... all sore and feverish. Am feeling so sick. Everyone tells me "go see a doctor" but nobody has actually offered to accompany me to the doc because I'm just too weak to climb all the stairs and under this heatwave alone. Talk, talk, talk ..... it's everywhere.

So one rabbi calls another a heretic and idiot on live radio ..... gets kicked out of radio station. http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?id=280606  And all this is part of a normal day here in Israel. Talk and more talk.

Imposed ecumenism
So how about no talk? The muslim shopkeepers opposite our place think they have a right to put up their Ramadan crescent and star lights on our Church wall WITHOUT asking permission. Well ... I'll put up christmas lights on their shop door this december and see what they'll say. Probably nothing ... they'll just come over and beat me up. Ecumenism at its best.

Well despite my pain and fever, I painted 5 windows because the worker never showed up. Actually he did ... at 3.30pm and worked for one hour and left at 4.30pm. So what would you do? I quarrelled with him. He promised to come at 7am today .... but I don't believe him. He's been making these promises for a month now. Just talk talk talk .... This is an impossible culture .... but at least you understand now why there is no peace ... everything is just talk.